Hrithik Roshan and Akshay Kumar: Clash of the Titans

One of the biggest clashes of recent times at the Bollywood box office is set to happen on long weekend of August 12 when Akshay Kumar’s Rustom and Hrithik Roshan’s Mohenjo Daro will be released on the same date.




Previously there were rumors that either of the films’ makers will postpone the release date but to this very moment no side has given such hint and the time is closing quickly for this clash. Both of these films have created a lot of buzz in the industry after their trailer release and fans are desperately waiting for August 12.

hrithik roshan

Mohenjo Daro is a period drama with backdrop of love stroy and the film is directed by none other than Ashutosh Gowariker and stars Hrithik Roshan and Pooje Hegde. The director is famous for making well researched movies on novel and unique story lines.

On the other hand, Rustom is based on a very touchy real life incident of an Indian naval office, K.M. Nanavati. The action/thriller is directed by Tinu Suresh Desai and the lead is played by Akshay Kumar and Ileana D’Cruz.

akshay kumar

Both lead actors are super stars in their own right and have been seen avoiding the media to say anything over this clash. In a Twitter poll run by a famous digital magazine, the participants are more excited to go and watch Rustom than Mohenjo Daro. Out of 1181 voters 59 percent favored Rustom and remaining 41 percent chose to watch Mohenjo Daro.

This poll do fall in the favor of Rustom but cannot decide the fate of two movies. If we look at the previous release of Akshay Kumar, Airlift, the war/drama was a big box office hit and was critically acclaimed. Hrithik Roshan had no release in 2015 whereas his Bang Bang that was released in 2014 made good business at the box office and his performance in the film won him Filmfare Award for best actor in leading role.




Both, Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan have huge number of fans and it will be exciting to see which film is liked most by the public. There is also an element to mention here that on such big clashes one movie proves to be superhit and the other sometimes does not even manage to generate enough money to even become a hit at the box office. We witnessed such situation in late 2015 when Shahrukh Khan’s Dilwale and Ranveer Singh’s Bajirao Mastani were released on the same day and the later topped the charts and won Ranveer Singh the best actor award and Dilwale badly flopped at the box office.

Keep Sharing....
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUpon