America’s Next Top Model (abbreviated ANTM and Top Model) is one of the best reality TV series shows of the US. It is basically an interactive competition that is purposed to introduce aspiring models to the fashion industry. They are given different tasks, and all female participants compete for the title of “America’s Next Top Model.” Once a girl wins the title, she gets plenty of chances to begin her career in the modeling industry. Tyra Banks is the creator and executive producer of this show.
The series was premiered in May 2003, and was broadcasted semiannually until 2012. From 2013 onwards, it is being aired once in a year. Its first six seasons were broadcasted on UPN. It has been one of the best and widely appreciated UPN programs so far. Advertisers happily paid over $120,000 per minute slot. Rita Ora has been the presenter of its cycle 23. Originally, the panel consisted of Banks, Janice Dickinson, Beau Quillian, and Kimora Lee Simmons.
Later on, Niger Barker and Eric Nicholson replaced Quillian and Simmons in cycle 2. However, in cycle 3, Nicholson was replaced by Nolé Marin. The format of the program is that every season about nine to sixteen episodes are aired. There are 10 to 16 contestants who are judged for their overall performance every week. These girls have to actively participate in challenges, and need to enhance their capabilities of how to impress the judges.
There are photo-shoots and every contestant has to give her best poses. Weekly, one participant is eliminated. The purpose of makeovers is to polish the hidden skills of the competitors. A trip to an international destination is also scheduled in the mid of the program. It would not be wrong to say that America’s Next Top Model is the show that has taught us a lot about the fashion industry. It has opened the doors of young girls who are excited to become supermodels of tomorrow.
1. The models were given the task of shooting at the Children’s Aid Society in Harlem. They were to effortlessly walk and had to maintain their confidence level. It was certainly too tough since there were tons of distractions. Every girl had worn a vibrant outfit with a pair of Payless shoes.
2. Each model ran through her block party routine for almost half an hour. Director X would catch all the moves of the models. At the end of their take, models have to dance in their unique ways, trying their best to impress everyone.
3. Judge Drew Elliot seemed to be showing much interest in the shoot. While McKenzie was focusing on the technicalities, Elliot made sure that all contestants look confident and fabulous.
4. For getting some insights, Graham and Banks had a dinner together. They discussed the reboot of the show, and talked about its new vision.
5. The judging set is present at a remote studio New Jersey. On the other hand, the models are residing in New York City.
Our expectations from America’s Next Top Model are very high. What do you feel about it?